Monday, April 5, 2010

Dresser MAKEOVER!

My boss has lots of rent houses. This was left by his hold tenants and he thought it would fit the description of what I told him I was looking for. It was pretty stinking close!

Well here she is! I swear this is exactly how I got it.

As you can see it was falling apart.

The top was probably the worst part. The people who had it, had to have had it outside.

So the fun begins of sanding this baby down!

Filling in the holes and trying to patch the front of this thing. I tried I really did.

Now for the lining. Put a layer of Mod Podge down.

Place pre-cut "lining" on the layer of Mod Podge. Then Mod Podge over that to seal it all in!

A look from 3 drawers! I freakin' love it!

A side view! Can you tell I'm obsessed!

And the ALMOST finished product! I say almost because look at the finish of those drawers. I have some fixing to do on those. **Note to self when sanding make a decision to sand all or none down to the bare wood** That is what messed this finish job up. BUT for now it works until I can take a bit more of time with it. But in dim light you can barely tell.

What do you think?

Cost break down:
Sandpaper: 4.87
Spray Paint: 3.44 x 3
Knobs: 1.29 x 12
Wood Filler: 2.99
Carpenter's Glue: 2.50

Ok a little more than I wanted to spend but only cause I didn't have the supplies that I needed. But seriously I'm stocked up (other than paint) for the next project. So bring it~!

1 comment:

  1. that looks amazing! i love what a little paint and time can do to a set of drawers.

    ReplyDelete