Sunday, February 28, 2010

Easter Egg Wreath


I've been taking in all the cutesy Easter wreaths, etc. I've see around the stores. I especially liked the Pier 1 decor. But didn't have the $29.95 to spend on this beauty. So I decided to make my own. Plus I wanted the colors to be a little brighter than these pastels above. Here's mine.
First start with a grapevine wreath. I've had this thing for so long and haven't done a thing with it, I figured now was the time. This one was small, but I didn't want anything too big. Due to all the color being used on it.
Next I glued all the eggs on rotating the colors so it flowed and made sense. After glueing some onto the grapevine wreath I figured out it was easier to glue the eggs together, instead of to the grapevine wreath itself. (If that makes sense)
All the eggs are on. Lastly, for the bow *(cause I had to have one)*... I decided on Raffia cause I had it on hand and thought it would go perfectly with this wreath.
Here's the finished product, what do you think? I'm biased, but I really prefer the brighter colors to the Pier 1 pastels above.
My fav part, the wreath hanger that I love love love that my MIL gave me from PB :)

Ok now for the best part (besides my wreath hanger), it only cost $1.99! I spotted the eggs at Target and loved the colors. I got 48 eggs for $1.99. I was going to wait til the eggs went on sale but I couldn't bare the fact that all I might save is .50 cents and what if there weren't any left? I had all the other materials. Not a bad savings :) I had 10 eggs left. Can't wait to show you my next project with the leftovers. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment